Sunday, November 16, 2008

Heeling

In an attempt to burn some energy off of Winnie this morning (I'll be at the Redskins game all afternoon/evening/night and Sandy will be the unhappy recipient of any of Winnie's excess energy), we walked a bit on the Maryland Heights trail. That's a very steep trail with very nice views and almost no other people, especially this time of year.

Intermittently, we worked on heeling. When we weren't doing that, we worked on not pulling at the end of the leash. I don't want to jinx it or count any chickens before they're hatched, but she really seems to get this. We have a lot of work to do, of course, but I believe she's at an age (four months) and a mindset where I see her picking up new stuff almost every day. I think we'll be able to make a lot of progress with obedience over the winter.

She also saw some birds flush nearby and started hunting for more! So that was pretty cool too.

Oh, and the energy thing? I was exhausted and she wasn't even panting. So much for that.

No comments: