Friday, July 10, 2009

Winnie's First Swim!

On our last visit to the river, Winnie was quite curious about the water, but wasn't quite ready to jump in and swim. My friend Carolyn said a stick or a toy wasn't compelling enough, that I had to get in the water! Well, she was right! Today, after several minutes of standing in the water and thinking about it, she finally swam out to me. Took her a minute to realize that, unlike on land, actually coming to me isn't the end of the transaction! She soon figured out that she had to then leave me to get back to land. Once she swam that first time though, she really thought it was fun! Anyway, here's some video footage...

7 comments:

hwvizsla said...

go Winnie go!!! Well, the days of keeping her dry are now ALL over! LOL

Ed. said...

Yeah I should have thought about that! Because with the water comes the mud, so we just have to add a rinse from the hose when she gets back from the river. Otherwise, Winnie and I both will be sleeping in the barn!

Peg said...

I jusst love the way she looks right in your eyes-her trust in you is such a sweet thing to see.

LOVE your choice in music-Duane Allman was the best!!

Anonymous said...

Good going Winnie!!!!! We knew you could do it!!

Laila said...

Go Winnie, Go! I knew you would love swimming!!!

Kisses,
Laila

Dexter said...

Hey Winnie, I have been swimming today also... Its great fun isn't it!

Tim said...

Great to see that Winnie's finally taken to the water. Phoenix absolutely loves pretty much any sort of water, it's more a case of keeping her out of ponds, lakes, rives, oceans etc.