Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Road Trip!

Tomorrow morning Winnie and I hit the road for Michigan and the UHWVA National Specialty Show! I genuinely enjoy traveling with Winnie, she is patient and well behaved in the car.

With the exception of Kifli and Krumpli and Winnie's parents and littermates I have not seen any other Wirehaired Vizslas in person, so I'm excited to meet some of the awesome dogs I've seen so many photos of.

I look forward to finally meeting Carolyn of Vidor Kennels. She has spent countless hours in phone and email conversations with me over the last year, either giving me advice or simply allowing me to share Winnie's progress. A dear friend I will be meeting for the first time.

But one of the biggest highlights of the weekend will be when Winnie meets her breeder, Peg, again for the first time since we brought Winnie home to Virginia. I am so proud of how this special dog is turning out, and I do not hesitate to give Peg credit for starting her off on the right foot in a wonderful, caring environment.

I'll have many photos and will post them as soon as I get back. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much, I can't wait to "meet" Miss Winnie and see you again.
it will be great being with good friends and share the company of this wonderful breed.
see you soon-Peg

Nina said...

Best of luck, I am sure Winnie will be wonderful. We are looking forward to the photos.