Sunday, December 28, 2008

Photo Contest WINNER!

Thanks so much to everyone who entered my Christmas photo contest! There were many fun, beautiful and festive photos to pick from. But in the end, I could not resist this inebriated Vizsla. Maybe it's because I enjoy staging alcohol-themed pictures of Winnie, maybe he's just a really cute pup. But this is the winner of the first annual Christmas photo contest!

His name is Linden’s Family Tradition, and he goes by "Hank."

Hank and his family will soon be receiving their prize of this really fun book from Ugly Dog Hunting. (By the way, I really like this company. Everything I've ordered from them has been good quality, at reasonable prices and their customer service is excellent too.) Here is a great excerpt from the book, as shown on Ugly Dog's web site:

Several cosmic truths construct the bird dog continuum: If it’s smelly, we roll in it. If it can be upchucked at 3 a.m., we eat it. Porcupines should be chomped, snakes should be tossed, and by all means, if there’s a hornet’s nest in a rock wall, we darn well need to excavate. ...Truck door inside handles are excellent dental floss. There’s no human bed too small to be shared, and, most important, with the proper conditioning, we can indeed learn to love the stimulation of a highly-tuned electronic training collar.

Thanks Rob, for entering Hank in the contest, and I hope you enjoy your prize! I don't have a prize for second place, but wanted to give honorable mention to Lani, a Deutsch Drahthaar from Vomorion Kennels, in Caldwell, Idaho. Ken sent in this picture of Lani and I just love it. Because as much as I enjoy dog owners who humiliate their dogs by posing them with props and costumes, I enjoy even more when the dog genuinely seems to resent it in the resulting photos.

And of course if for some reason throughout the year Hank is not able to fulfill the responsibilities of the first prize winner, Lani will have to step up and assume the title.


Thanks again to everyone who entered, I appreciate all who visit here and hope to keep things amusing enough for you to check back regularly.

3 comments:

hwvizsla said...

Excellent choice! And what a handsome pup he is! Bet he'll be a hoot at the New Years party. lol

The Oceanside Animals said...

Vizslas make the cutest puppies, even when they're drunk.

Peg said...

I love your winner, but the 2nd place dog cracks me up!