Monday, October 20, 2008

HWV/Spinone

I was talking to my friend today who owns Enzo, this very cool Spinone Italiano, and we were talking about the similarities between the two. So I thought I'd show them side by side. They haven't met yet, but they surely will. Maybe some day they will hunt together. I'm told they hunt in a similar style.

In fact, while nobody has ever correctly guessed what breed of dog Winnie is, the only guess I've heard more than once is Spinone. Which is odd to me, because I wouldn't think many more people would be familiar with Spinones than HWVs.

It looks like I might be going quail hunting with Enzo in a few weeks, I'm looking forward to that not only to spend time hunting with my friend and his dog, but it will be the first time for me bird hunting with a dog since I got Winnie. So I know I will be really watching closely what he does and how he does it. I'd bring Winnie along but although I don't think she'll have a problem with gunfire, I can't know that for sure yet. But who knows, maybe I'll figure out a way to bring her back the souvenir of a live quail to stake out in the field we walk in.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Geezz! Sounds to me like I've either lost a fly fishing buddy, or I need to start bird hunting!!

Ed. said...

Oh it's just a fleating fad to pass the time while you're of saving the world. When you get back, it will only take me a few minutes to relearn fly fishing enough to be vastly better at it than you are...

Ed. said...

"off" saving the world, it should read. I don't know why it won't let me edit comments...

Matt said...

Operator error I'm sure! Mine lets me correct errors, for the VERY few times I actually have a typo!