Friday, July 3, 2009

Maiden Voyage

Since we moved here three months ago, frequent heavy rain has kept the river high and muddy. But the river FINALLY cooperated and we were able to take the kayaks out for our maiden voyage, from our house downstream to a public boat ramp 5.5 miles away. Our friend Marty, Sandy and I launched late in the morning on an absolutely beautiful day, and had a great time. Sandy has never really kayaked before and she did great! Even caught some fish, too.

It's been a long day and I almost forgot this, before we left we saw our first bald eagle here! I knew we would eventually but it was spectacular, I can't wait to see him again!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ed, As usual, I enjoy reading your posts and looking at the pictures you take! We finally have a break in the weather today, and if the mosquitos don't eat us alive, I'd like to take Cassie to a nearby pond. She too, is a little shy of the water--but I have been using clicker training (with great ease and success)to help shape some behaviors, and I'd like to try this method with water play. Obedience is going great--I found a good place to train and we are having a blast!! Winnie looks good!! I am fishing vicariously through your pictures...keep them coming!! Chris