Saturday, February 21, 2009

Nice day for February...

Winnie went to the groomer this morning. She has her first non-puppy UKC show appearance next weekend so I wanted her to look her best! Good thing we did it a week in advance, because it takes several days for her to lose that Freshly Blow Dried Puffy look.

Anyway, we went for about a five mile walk after I picked her up. We did that for two reasons. First, it was unseasonably warm for February and the bright sunshine made for an enjoyable outing. And secondly, I am desperately trying to get her tired enough to sleep later than 6:00 tomorrow morning.

And as you can see below, she is really developing a stylish point. This particular point was to notify me of a woodpecker in the vicinity.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great point there! We're looking forward to the day when Phoenix does the same thing. I have to say Winnie is looking gorgeous in those pictures, certainly show ready. Best of luck to both of you with your first show. We'll look forward to reading how it went.

Ed. said...

Thanks Adam! I have a feeling Phoenix will do it all by himself before you know it! Thanks for the good luck, you know I'll have photos next week...

Zuner said...

Ed, why dont you try to take walks with a dog backpack? Ive heard that dogs love them and 30 min walks can really mean a lot of excercice. It will also help to develop its stamina. :) Greetings from Spain.

Delilah and Rocket said...

I totally relate to getting tired out so they sleep!